We are seeking an experienced Kitchen and Bath Designer / Sales Consultant to join The Kitchen Shop – West Michigan’s premier design and remodeling center.
Our Kitchen and Bath Designers work with both retail customers, as well as contractors to assist them in making product and design choices. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years experience as a sales and design consultant, preferably working with both residential and commercial accounts.
Our Kitchen and Bath Design Consultants will work closely with our Marketing Department to follow up with leads that have been generated through advertising/ marketing efforts. The Kitchen and Bath Design Consultant must be comfortable following a pre-determined cadence for lead follow-up and should be experienced in tracking all customer interactions within a CRM system. The successful candidate will be an exceptional relationship builder with an excellent close rate.
As a Kitchen and Bath Designer, the individual must have the capability to understand and process projects from start to finish utilizing effective organizational skills. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years experience as a sales consultant, preferably within the home remodeling / kitchen and bath design industry.
This position is for a self-starter, well-organized, creative person who is eager to create new business, provide outstanding customer service, and follow up.
- Provide outstanding customer service – greet and qualify new and returning clients to understand their goals, project plans, and budget
- Sales generation and lead follow-up, relationship building, and excellent closing skills are required
- Knowledge of cabinet designs, countertops, a basic understanding of electrical and plumbing is preferred
- Work with clients to design their projects in 20/20 using several product lines
- Drive sales to meet and exceed quarterly / yearly sales goals
- Conduct daily follow-up on outstanding quotes, process sales paperwork, and touch base with all customers after the product has been received
- Resolve customer inquiries and complaints
- Set follow-up appointments to keep customers aware of the latest developments
- Maintain a professional, well-organized, and inviting showroom
- Contact product vendors and logistics to track orders for customers and provide updates
- Other duties/ responsibilities as assigned by the Store Manager Requirements
- 3+ years experience as a Kitchen and Bath Designer or a similarly relevant role required preferably in a commission-based and/or goal-oriented environment
- 2+ years experience in a retail environment
- Previous experience in sales, customer service, or other related fields
- Familiarity with CRM and ERP platforms – preferably Pipedrive and Stone Profits Systems or similar
- Ability to build rapport with clients and strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Experience designing and quoting projects with 20/20 design software and multiple cabinet catalogs
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills required, must have experience qualifying a customer’s needs and wants for a project(s) Self-motivated and internally driven to excel in your position and career, with excellent time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design strongly preferred